How is the cost of living crisis impacting you?
We’d like to hear about your experiences and views on what should be done to support rural and island households, businesses and communities.
The cost of living crisis has been an ever present item on news bulletins for several months, with many people feeling concerned about the cost of fuel and food over the coming winter months.
We’d like to know how you as an individual, family, household or business owner have been affected by the rising cost of living, how you have responded, and what you think should be done to support rural and island dwellers through the next few months
You understand that involvement in this survey is voluntary and you can withdraw at any time by clicking "exit survey" button at the bottom right of this page. Note if you do exit, your data will not be saved
By clicking on the button below to get involved you confirm that:
- You are over 16 years of age
- You understand that any information you provide will be anonymous and will only be published in summarised format (i.e. no individual or business names will be used)
- You understand that involvement in this survey is voluntary and you can withdraw at any time by clicking ‘exit the survey’
- You understand that the SRUC research team may share the summarised results with partner organisations to inform their work (the raw data will not be shared, and no names of individuals or businesses will be used).
- You can contact the Rural Exchange team at SRUC (0131 535 4256; email@example.com) at any time for more information about the Rural Exchange.
Are you responding as an individual, family, householdThis is me
I'm responding as the owner of a rural or island businessThis is me
For example, in terms of what food you buy and how you cook it?
For example, whether you choose to travel to undertake leisure/social activities, how you travel and how far you travel?
For example, changing how much you use your heating at home, or changing the way you heat your home? Buying less/different fuel?
Please can you indicate the extent of that impact using the slider below (-3 heavily impacted, 0 - no impact, +3 positively impacted)
Can you tell us the one most important action that you think should be taken to support rural and island individuals/families/households at this time, and who should be taking it?
Please can you explain how the rising cost of living is impacting on your business, for example the impacts of the changing cost of energy and/or supplies?
How confident are you that your business will still be in operation next summer?
-3 not confident at all, 0 - unaffected, +3 very confident
Do you know whether and how far the rising cost of living is impacting on your employees?
Can you tell us the one most important action that you think should be taken to support rural and island businesses at this time, and who should be taking it?